We’re right in the midst of an exciting time for sports; there’s plenty to watch like the NHL and NBA playoffs, mid-season MLB, the Champions League series, and all sorts of racing leagues (MotoGP, Formula1, etc.). Instead of buying frozen wings from the store (loaded with extra carbs and chemicals) or ordering take-out (usually fried), use this recipe to make delicious healthy wings right at home.
BUFF-alo Chicken Recipe
- Chicken thighs/legs with skin on*
- Unsalted grass-fed butter (Kerrygold)
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- In a big pot, place chicken into boiling water.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can start the sauce. Place a small pot on stove and set to low heat. Place desired amount of butter and Frank’s into saucepan. Start with a 1:1 ratio, although feel free to adjust depending on taste and spiciness preference. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Remove chicken carefully and place on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil (makes clean-up easier) that’s been slightly greased with oil or cooking spray.
- Turn on your broiler setting (on the oven) and place chicken in.
- Cook for about 6 minutes per side or until desired crispiness.
- With tongs, take chicken and coat in sauce.
- Serve with garnish of your choice (makes the picture better).
- Eat, enjoy and tag #TFLIFE when you post on social media.
* Chicken skin isn’t unhealthy as it’s made out to be. It’s villified because it’s extra calories, although a majority of those calories are healthy monounsaturated fat. Also, the skin is a rich source of collagen; this is great for our skin and joints.